Don’t use vague statements like “Our quality procedures manual”. Reference the specific procedure reference and name (OCL-LCA-P1.1 Allocation of responsibilities) that drives the use of a form (OCL-LCA-F1.2). If you don’t have a procedure then you will need to write one. The LCA. is about written documented systems. Avoid future tense (we will) as the assessors interpret this as something that you are not necessarily doing at present.
Section 1 In accordance with LCA Service Provider Commitment 1, we explain in detail the client’s obligations under the relevant legionellosis legislation
- Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (as amended)
- HSC ACoP L8 - Legionnaires’ disease - The control of legionella bacteria in water systems).
1.1. The procedure for quoting a potential client (OCLL-LCA-1.1 Allocation of responsibilities) drives the issue of an advice note HSE Leaflet IACL27 to inform the client of their obligations. This advice note details among other items the requirement to: -
- Identify and assess the sources of risk
- Prepare a written scheme of control
- Appoint a responsible person
- Implement, manage and maintain records of monitoring and inspection.